This is what I’m doing right now, and it’s working so far:
- Continue with rotational lunges in jacuzzi and out (lateral sling.)
- Stand on one foot more (lateral sling)
- Reverse Clam Shells
- Bridging (I want to get to single leg eventually)
- *Practice laying leg extensions with arm movement (posterior sling) – Not doing this regularly. Need to.
Things I need to add:
- My left adductors are really weak. So weak, it gets painful when I bring them towards the midline of my body. I’ve been avoiding this movement, but I think I need to face it. There may be the possibility that these weak adductors are what’s causing my abductors to be tight. It’s worth exploring. As it is, these weak adductors are also a weak part of that anterior oblique slings. I think that’s a large part of why my leg stays away from my body when I walk.
- Be on feet more during day, but be strategic with it.
- WATCH THE ORDER in which I do things. I should try activating the left adductors first (pressing leg into cane while standing does this), then activate abductors in that position by pressing into cane. Then practice putting weight on left leg.
“Anterior Oblique System: External and internal oblique with the opposing leg’s adductors and intervening anterior abdominal fascia.
Posterior Oblique System: The lat and opposing glute maximus.
Deep Longitudinal System: Erectors, the innervating fascia and biceps femoris.
Lateral System: Glute medius and minimus and the opposing adductors of the thigh”
Also, great article here: https://experiencelife.com/article/why-you-should-activate-your-sling-system/